Friday, August 04, 2006

Chilli Crab, anyone?





Many times we would eat at this place when my parents, friends from overseas are here in Singapore. It used to be in my "must have list" when I came back from Sydney for uni breaks. This place is none other than the "Macpherson Kopitiam", somewhere in Serangoon area. I had tried many places, but still I think this is where you can find the best Chilli Crabs, and not to mention other kinds of seafood.

The crabs are from Srilanka, though I'm not sure if it's similar to the Mud Crab in Australia. You could choose the medium to huge, real huge one! For the crabs and "lala/pipih", we always order from this stall somewhere opposite the famous turtle soup store.We haven't had any "empty, meatless" crabs, they are always full and the crabs are cooked just well that they are not overly hard and not forgetting that they are always fresh. We have another favourite stall somewhere in the middle of the foodcourt for the best grilled stingray with sambal. Besides those, we had roasted chicken wings and oyster omellete.

My family loves seafood particularly crabs and prawns. I enjoyed eating these two things when my parents are around. They will peel for us (my sis and I, bro is skillful enough in this), so that we could eat as much as them. If not, it's going to be a battle to get the meat out, especially those from the claws. Today, my brother was kind enough to peel us some:)

We dun quite like the crabs cooked with bihun though. Perhaps because it's not their house special. Other than that, today's meals were scrumptious!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... i love seafood... keliatannya enak2... gw liat ini pas di skul... belon breakfast lagi... ntar kalo gw ke spore diajak ke sana ya c...hehe...

9:09 am  
Blogger duckiekitchen said...

For B3b3: helo b3b3... gimana dgn km punya cheesecake? jadi ga? so pasti cc ajakin ke sini de:)

10:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home