Monday, July 31, 2006

Japanese Curry Rice

It seems, it's all about Japanese today:) I didn't realise it until I'm typing this entry's title that the stuff that I made today are Japanese.

Japanese Curry is one real easy treat for dinner. I always thought that Japanese curry is as hard as other type of more commonly known curry like the South East Asian or the Indian curry until one day, a friend of us cooked us one big pot of boiling hot of Japanese curry with crisp chicken cutlet covered with golden breadcrumbs. Surprise surprise, it's made with Japanese Curry Block widely sold in the supermarkets. I love the S&B hot one. The curry taste is not too overwhelming and goes perfectly with plain rice.

As I couldn't find presliced-thin chicken breast fillet here, I replaced it with tempura prawns. Slicing chicken breast that thin is just beyond my skill. Hence, fast and easy, prawns!




1/2 pack of S&B Golden Curry sauce mix jumbo
2 Spanish Onion (sliced)
200 g of meat (beef/pork-cubed)
5-6 carrots (cut into bite size)
2 potato (cubed)
water

Stir fry onion with little bit of oil. Add in carrot and beef. Pour in 3 bowls of water. Lastly the potato cubes. Served with plain rice and fried prawns.

15 grey prawns, peel the skin and devein
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/2 tsp of chilli flakes/sliced chilli
2 tbs of plain flour

Marinate the prawns with all the ingredients except the flour for 15 minutes. Add flour and mix it with the prawns well. Deep fry with hot oil until they are golden crisp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home