Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Banana Cake


It has been ages that I want to make banana cake again. My first attempt was when I was still a little girl back in Indonesia. I remembered that the cake came out solid hard rock! The funny thing was that even our greedy German Shepherd didn't like it. He smelled and slowly walked away. Seeing this, my mum laughed out hard. Perhaps, due to that failure, I always wanted to proof that I could make a banana cake which is always said to be one of the easiest cakes to bake.

So today, I woke up a little earlier than usual, put the laundry to wash and ready to bake. The night before I had done my homework by researching through banana cake recipes. I find that most of them are quite similar. Finally I adapted Chubby Hubby's banana muffin recipe (not quite his, his mum to be exact), thinking that since he is now a popular food blogger, I should trust his recipe. Hmmm, but his recipe is in odd mesurement. Cups, and odd 295 g of flour. I couldn't bother to make it 295 g:) He asked for milk, but since I am running out of milk today, I didn't add that making sure that I put more bananas to compensate the moisture content. Same with baking soda, I do not have that, so ignored that too. And again, I don't have my muffin pan with me here, it's left somewhere in Sydney, don't throw it away please... , instead I used the 20cm springform pan. Good thing that my cake turned out delicious!


A little comment though. I half the ingredients as CH mentioned that the recipe is for 24 muffins. I thought that's a lot! Well next time I won't half the ingredients to produce a thicker cake.

300 g flour

2 tbs baking powder

210 g/1 cup sugar

250 g/ 1 stick butter

4 eggs, beaten

4 big bananas, mashed. Add 1 tbs of lemon juice to prevent it to turn dark.

1 tsp vanilla powder

1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (if you have been reading my blog, you know that I'm just trying to finish up my dark chocolate) :)

Shift flour, baking powder and vanilla. Beat butter with sugar until white. Add beated eggs slowly. Mix well. Stir in mashec banana. Combine shifted dry ingredients to the cream. Bake for 1 hr.

Happy trying.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home