Monday, July 10, 2006

Cheesecake Madness

For the past 2 weeks, I have been trying lots of cheesecakes. I made it a point to have a slice of cheesecake whenever I was in a cafe or a restaurant. Two days ago, I was with A at Marche. Everything else was okay except the cheesecake. What a shame. Having a nice dining concept, Marche is a truely disappointment with a below average cheesecake. It was somehow very floury. Besides, it's not fresh, my fault for not looking at the cake carefully before ordering. I prefer the cheesecake I had at Baker's Inn.

Anyway, as my madness for cheesecake is still going, I just made my very first baked cheesecake. Back in Sydney, I have made non baked cheesecake (chocolate cheesecake) which was pretty easy. Today, after getting some inspirations for Dessertcomesfirst by Jori, I wanted to make her Bull's eye cheesecake. Perhaps, as I am a novice in baking a cheesecake, mine didn't come out as a bull's eye. Knowing it is nowhere bull's eye, I quickly transformed mine into a kind of magic swirl. It looks ok besides the little crack. I wonder how do people make those really flat top cheesecakes. Mine is a little puffy. I can't wait for tomorrow so I can cut and try "Swirly



Cheesecake" :)

Swirly Cheesecake

Ingredients (adapted from dessertcomesfirst.blogspot.com)

14 pieces of Marie
1/2 block for butter (@250g)
1/8 cup sugar

Blend/crush Marie. Add melted butter and sugar. Compact the crush into the base of 8" springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes

2 blocks Philladelphia Cream Cheese/other brand is ok I guess @250g--room temperature
1 can of MilkMaid/Carnation condensed milk
3 eggs
1/4 of lemon-juice only
125 gr of dark chocolate - melted

Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add in milk until smooth. Add egg one by one and subsequently the lemon juice. Divide the mixture into 2. Add in melted dark chocolate into one part of the mixture.

Spoon in a cup of plain mixture followed by a cup the chocolate mixture. Make sure that you pour into the middle of the pan. Use sharp ends of a fork to get the swirl & yes a little of your creativity will help too:)
Bake at high temperature for 1/2 hr and then at moderate temperature until the cake is jiggly in the middle but set at the perimeter. I still need to work on the temperature.... hopefully my next baked cheesecake will be with a nice smooth top without cracks.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home