Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Mango Salad

I never liked Thai Salad, as the fish sauce is too overwhelming for me until a fren of mine from Sydney forced me to try it. To my surprised, it tastes beautiful! I love the finely shredded raw mango with the combination of coriander. The sauce is slightly sour with a hint of sweetness in it.

The ingredients seem to be readily available from the supermarket, so here I am with my new














recipe:

1 raw manggo (finely shredded)
1/2 carrot (finely shredded)
1 cucumber (trim the seeds, shredded)
1/8 onion, chopped
corriander ( roughly chopped)
1/2 cup of fried peanut ( chopped)
lime grind (grated)

Sauce:

2 tbs of fish sauce
2-3 lime
1 tbs honey
1/2 tbs sugar

Mix all, making sure that the sugar has diluted

Arrange the grated manggo and vegies. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts. Spoon in the sauce.
Easy and fresh salad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried this recipe, would definately make this salad again. Thank you

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home