Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sambal Ikan Teri (Anchovies with Sambal)

This is another dish I learnt from Mum. Again, I modified a little bit by adding capsicum and kaffir lime leaves.

Everytime my mum comes over, she would make jars of sambal paste to be frozen. This helps to ease my process of cooking sambal dish when she's not around. I don't have to grind shallots, garlic and the chilli everytime I'm cooking chilli dish.



2/3 cup of ikan teri/anchovies, choose the small white type
1 capsicum, cut into bite size
4 tomato, quartered
1 onion, sliced thinly
4 kaffir lime leaves

Sambal:
4 big chilli
4 chilli paddi
5 shallot
3 garlic cloves

Blend all the sambal ingredients and then stir fry with some oil.


With 3 tbs of oil, fry the ikan teri. When they start to turn yellowie, put them aside. Add in onion, stir fried till for 2 minutes. Add in capsicum and kaffir lime leaves. Mix in ikan teri and the sambal paste. Lastly, add in tomato. Add 2/3 cup of water and and cook until tomato is soft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home